Sunday, February 17, 2013

How Do I Love Thee???

Allowing the words to soak within
I felt the rush of peace upon myself
beginning on my brow
my face began to relax
my thoughts were seemingly surreal;
thoughts that wouldn't let go
and they were more than welcomed to stay

-Tyler Moore 2013

-This is my poem response to the poem; "How Do I Love Thee".  The poem (How Do I Love Thee) speaks to me in a great way.  I believe it to be a very powerful piece.  It makes me think of my girlfriend, Kelsey.  Of how much she means to me, on many levels.  Not just in ways that seem cliche or given, but in ways that only I could explain.  Ask my friends or family, my head hasn't been the most clear or peaceful in the last little duration of time, but she (Kelsey) seems to bring out the courage inside me, and truly aids me when I feel weak.  She's a great friend and lover.  And, I don't mean "lover" in such a sexual way, as much as just someone who shows me affection as I do for her. I've never been one for sticking with a girlfriend for too long, but I can honestly say that I'm truly happy with her. I'm proud of the person she helps me be; myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment